Best BMX Bikes Under 300 Dollars | Expert Buyers Guide
If you are looking for a bicycle with the agility of a motorbike and the smoothness of a cycle, BMX is the best choice. To get the best BMX bikes under 300 is enough budget for any mid beginner rider. As the name suggests, BMX stands for ”Bicycle Motocross” and delivers a mixed performance between bicycle and motorbike. The cycle sports performed on BMX bikes are either in competitive BMX racing or freestyle BMX or else in general on- or off-road recreation. There are different types of BMX bikes; the usual BMX bike, the dirt jumper or “jump” cycle, and the freestyle bike. They vary in wheel size, rims size, gear, handlebars, brake systems, etc., depending on the purpose of riding. With BMX at your garage, you can go for a ride as well as show off your stunt skills at bike parks.
Your search for ride-purpose budget-friendly bikes that come with decent stunt ability ends here. Here we have gathered some best BMX bikes for under 300 with different features and models. See if you can pick your dream bike.
Best BMX Bikes Under 300 Dollars Detailed Review
1. Mongoose Legion Freestyle BMX Bike for Kids, Youth, and Beginner-Level to Advanced Adult Riders
MONGOOSE Legion is the best BMX bike under 300. This Freestyle BMX Bike features a Hi-Ten steel frame, removable brake mounts, and a 20.25-inch top tube length. The Legion’s drivetrain features 170mm one-piece forged steel cranks with a 25T alloy chainring and an American loose ball bottom bracket.
Wheelset of MONGOOSE Legion comes with 20-inch x 2.3-inch tires mounted on an aluminum wall, 36H rims with 3/8″ female axle front hub, and 9T cog sealed bearing cassette rear hub.
The Hi-Ten steel handlebar and fork are joined by a 50mm stem and integrated headset for maximum steering performance.
Highlighted Features of MONGOOSE Legion Freestyle BMX Bike
- Aluminum U-brake and brake levers provide control over speed.
- The low-stance geometry of MONGOOSE offers a stable, responsive ride.
- MONGOOSE is designed for beginner-level riders.
- Perfect for the riders with a height between 4’8″-5’4″.
- Mongoose Legion comes in different sizes and shapes to match the riders of varying ages.
2. Mongoose Title Micro, Mini, Junior, Pro, and Expert BMX Race Bike
It’s designed for beginner-level riders, and you can get it at an affordable price. Suggested rider height is 4’4″ or less than that. The Tectonic T1 aluminum frame makes it Lightweight, the integrated headset, and internal cable routing for clean adds protection. The Title’s drivetrain features 130mm 3-piece tubular chromo cranks with a 39T chain ring and euro cartridge bottom bracket.
The wheelset features Kendal 20″ tires mounted on exposed aluminum double-wall rims with an Aluminum ball-bearing front hub and 16T cog freewheel rear hub.
Aluminum linear-pull brake and brake levers offer quality speed control, while the Hi-Ten chromo handlebar and a 30mm stem joined fork. Overall, MONGOOSE is one of the best BMX bikes for under 300.
Special Highlighted Features of Mongoose Title
- The Lightweight body makes racing easier.
- Favorable handlebars make you grip, and corner turns safer.
- Excellent steering performance.
- MONGOOSE comes in different sizes for people of different ages.
3. Schwinn Sting Pro and Predator Cruiser BMX Bike for Kids, Adults, Retro Design, Single-Speed
Schwinn Sting Pro is the ultimate racing machine with a Schwinn Hiten steel BMX frame. It has a Classic BMX handlebar with a laid-back seat post and Sting top tube pad, thus makes the ride comfortable. Single-speed drivetrain and rear caliper brake provide smooth low maintenance riding.
Other attributes of Schwinn Sting Pro include decals, paint, and parts creates a vintage look so that your ride buddy can match your incredible personality.
Core Highlighted Features of Schwinn Sting Pro
- Aluminum rims provide lightweight strength.
- Tubular crankset gives it the strength and stiffness which is needed for faster acceleration.
- Perfect for riders who are between4’8″ to 5’4″ in height.
- Laidback seat-post provides extra support while riding.
4. Redline Bikes Roam 20 Youth BMX
Another best BMX bike under $300 is REDLINE BIKES. The REDLINE is equipped with Freewheel and handbrakes. The front hub of REDLINE is 3/8″ Axle, and REAR HUB is Steel FW.
Schwinn Sting Pro has the Aluminum-alloy 20-inch wheels with grippy Kenda Kontact tires for incredible traction. PEDALS are spec PC Platform 1/2″ with a headset Threadless, 1 1/8″. The standard-sized wheels of SCHWINN keep the bike closer to the ground.
REDLINE bikes have brakes of Alloy Linear. REDLINE also features American LB bottom bracket.
Prime Highlighted Features of Redline Bikes
- The Redline Hex Expert gives riders a smooth grip.
- Its padded seat adds comfort to the ride.
- The stems of RL are 55mm Aluminum 1 1/8″ threadless.
- The REDLINE weighs only 24.1.
5. Sullivan Ambush Mini BMX, Stunt Bike, Freestyle Mini BMX
The Ambush Mini BMX is combined with Hi-Ten Steel, and Alloy sealed bearing Rear Hub. The sleek gunmetal grey finish of the frame is complemented perfectly by black parts. This mini BMX is ready to ride with you with the 3″ wide tires and the fixed saddle, with the top-load stem to the 25T-9T micro gearing.
Thanks to lightweight 10″ wheels and 10″ x 28 Handlebars, it’s possible to pull off some big tricks on this little bike! Unique wheels include a sealed alloy freewheel rear hub; the tires are our very own design.
The Ambush Mini BMX is supplied with brakes and chain guard and backed by a two-year manufacturer warranty. And, the good news is, you can get SULLIVAN, the best BMX bike under $300.
Sullivan Ambush Highlighted Features
- Easier to carry.
- Perfect for kids of all ages.
- Its unique wheels allow to perform stunts smoothly.
- Stylish and affordable.
- With the chain guard feature, you don’t have to worry about mishaps.
6. Mongoose Title 24 BMX Race Bike, 24-inch Wheels
The Mongoose Title has a 6061 Tectonic T1 biaxial hydroformed and butted aluminum frame with 86mm BB shell, 3D forged 10mm dropouts, and internal cable routing. 21.77″ top tube length and frame weight of 3.44 lbs.
The Title Elite 24’s drivetrain features 175mm 2-piece 24mm hollow spindle alloy cranks with a 42T aluminum chainring and BB86 press-fit sealed bottom bracket. If you are looking for the best BMX bikes under $300, MONGOOSE Title is the best fit for your budget.
The wheelset features ARISUN XLR8 24″ tires mounted on XPOSURE Infinity XD aluminum double-wall rims with 10mm hollow axle sealed front hub and 18T cog sealed bearing cassette rear hub.
Aluminum linear-pull brake and Radius aluminum brake levers offer precision speed control, while the 6.5″ 4130 Chromoly handlebars and fork are joined by a 50mm stem and sealed bearing headset to combine for maximum steering performance.
Mongoose Title Highlighted Features
- The Aluminum made parts make this bike strong from top to toe.
- Capable of high-end performance.
- It is made with Professional-grade elements.
- Double-wall rims allow to tackle bumps or harsh landing.
- The Aluminum brake levers are a great help in speed control.
- Perfect for the riders with a height between 5’7″ and over.
7. Mafiabikes Kush1 Black.20-inch BMX Bike
Another entry-level bike is Mafiabikes Kush1 Black,20-inch BMX Bike. Mafiabikes provides a 20.4″ TT precision hi-tensile steel frame,75.2 ° head-tube angle, with 1-piece heat-treated forged crank.
The 11.5″ BB Height is suitable for riders of any height. The 2.3″ fat tires keep the bike closer to the ground. KUSH1 weighs only 28lbs. It offers to upgrade three-piece cranks when necessary.
Tall and wide bars of KUSH measures 9″ rise / 29.5″. Integrated seat clamp allows you to hold together the seat measurements to your accordance.
Although KUSH is an off-road bike, optional ride kits are supplied with it if you require it. The Kush1 is our entry-level 20-inch BMX bike, and it’s perfect for beginners who want to rule the streets or the bike park.
Highlights of Mafiabikes Kush1 Black
- Soft Kraton grips help to control directions firmly in your hand
- 36t / 16t gearing allows the rider to change gears however they want.
- It has head-tube badge & removable decals.
- The Plastic pedals are lighter and easier to control.
8. Mongoose BMX Freestyle Bike, Single Speed, 26-inch Wheel
The frame and fork of Mongoose Grudge BMX are rugged and durable. Its single-speed drivetrain is easy to use. The rear V-brake and front alloy caliper brake provide the Mongoose BMX bike with incredible stopping power.
It provides a handlebar, BMX-inspired colored tires and a top tube pad. The ergonomic seat and textured rubber handlebar grips allow for comfortable commuting, and the wide pedals offer lots of grip for safe and sturdy riding.
The 26″ wheels on this black men’s BMX bike are an ideal size for adult riders. The rear pegs allow you to perform incredible stunts and tricks for even more fun.
Mongoose BMX Highlights
- Its single-speed drivetrain is easy to use and simple to maintain a sleek, durable design.
- Mongoose BMX is ideal for bike tricks and street commuting.
- Its 26″ wheels fit adult riders with a height between 5’4″ to 6’2.
So far, you have seen various bikes offering their best models and parts. Some of those BMX bikes are under 200. But, don’t forget to consider the height of the rider while buying bikes. Bikers can’t ride their bike correctly if the measurement is not adjusted with them. Also, do consider the wheel size and structure if you are buying, especially for stunt purposes. Best BMX bikes under 300 might come with the lower end offering one-piece cranks, hi-tensile steel frames, and more beginner level gearing. Sealed bearings might be non-existent or found in the rear hub only. You can expect to see single-walled rims for the lower end of the spectrum.
Hopefully, you will find your dream bike by considering all these.